Schmetz Gold / Titanium Machine Needles
The Schmetz Gold Titanium Needles are designed with a light ballpoint and enlarged eye. Titanium Nitride coating improves needle wear resistance in high stitch count applications and reduces needle clogging.
Particularly useful for stitching/embroidering coarse & densely woven fabrics.
Sizes 75 & 90. 5 needles per card.
Full Info Below.
Schmetz Gold/Titanium Needles are available in two sizes (cross-sectional diameter). Size 75nm (0.75mm thickness) and size 90nm (0.9mm thickness).
The Gold Embroidery Needles can be used in all conventional household sewing machines, in particular for sewing machines with special embroidery programs.
Considering the type of application the specially coated needles are designed for, it is no surprise that the slightly heavier size 90 option tends to be the most popular. However, the 75s are ideal for stitching onto lighter fabrics where a high stitch count is key to the project.
- 4x harder surface when compared to regular nickel
- Ultra-hard needlepoint
- Large, hard-coated eye
- Particularly suited for beginners: minor operator errors are compensated by the extremely hard coating.
- The needle enables even thicker threads to be fed through easily.
- The easy yarn passage through the eye reduces yarn abrasion.
- The needle is also suitable for metallic yarns with a more rounded cross-section.
Hard chrome, plus titanium nitride
None (can be identified by the gold-colored surface)
For ease of identification Schmetz stamp the needle size on the shank of every needle they manufacture.
Needle Pack Sizes & Assortment
Sizes 75 & 90 are available in packs of x5 needles.