Quilters Grid – Fusible | Vilene
Pellon/Vilene Quilter’s Grid - a fusible non-woven interfacing with a 1″ printed grid for precision piecing of quilting projects.
Super helpful with the construction of wall hangings and quilts that utilise cut fabric squares & strips. It makes arranging fabrics easy without the bother of pinning.
- Fusible non-woven interfacing
- 1″ printed grid for precision piecing
- Sewing machine safe
- Machine wash warm. Tumble dry low or dry clean.
Quilters Grid Info.
Quilters Grid Sewing Project now available. Learn how to create a cushion using this super Vilene.
Quilters Grid is manufactured by Pellon but promoted in the UK & Europe by Vilene (Vlieseline). We are delighted to be retail and wholesale distributor for Vilene in the UK & Europe.
How To Use
- Cut material with a roll cutter into squares following the arranged grid design on the Quilter's Grid (coated side interfacing up) layout pieces and iron-on dry with low pressure for 10 to 12 seconds.
- Crease each design along fold in vertical strips – right side in – sew in one-inch increments.
- Crease horizontal strips along fold; trim lengthwise close to the seam, folding the seams alternately to the left and right. This helps keep the seams flatter.
- Steam iron the work piece, finish quilt as usual.
Quilters Grid & Ordering
The interfacing is priced per metre.
To order simply add metres to your basket - we will cut as one continuous length up to the standard 15m full roll option. Half metres are available by entering 0.5 (half metre), 1.5 (one and a half metres) etc.
Looking to buy Vilene (Vlieseline) Interfacings for your shop or business in Bulk Wholesale Quantities? Please Contact Us for further information.
We recommend stitching quilting projects with Empress 100% Cotton Quilting Thread it is a fine, strong, soft & absolutely natural thread. Manufactured to industrial standards and finished processing in the UK it is guaranteed to run on your sewing or long-arm machine.
This is the thread that is included (in White) when you 'add a matching thread' above.
What Will You Make?
We are constantly adding new information, shades, fabrics, projects, ideas, Offers & more – join the Empress E-Newsletter to be kept up-to-date with textile news.
We would love to see some of your finished projects! You can share them with us on the Empress Instagram Page.
|Brand||Vilene / Vlieseline|
The manufacturer advises the following care instructions however we always advise testing a small piece first to make sure you are 100% happy.
Machine Wash Warm
Tumble Dry Low Heat