Jelly Roll Rug Plus | R J Designs
We are delighted to bring you the super popular Jelly Roll Rug Pattern created by Roma Lambson of RJ Designs.
The RJ Design Pattern creates an area rug in fabrics of your choice. Using a Jelly Roll & Wadding strips (full equipment list below).
The Jelly Roll Rug Plus finishes at approximately 30" square.
For ease and accuracy make using Pre Cut Mini Wadding Rolls.
Learn more about the pattern and the inspiration behind the rug below...
Jelly Roll Rug Pattern
Jelly Roll Rug Plus is a square with mitered corners version of the ever popular RJ Designs Jelly-Roll Rug pattern. Carry on the phenomenal Jelly-Roll Rug craze with this new unique square version. This version still uses the pre-cut 2-1/2in Jelly-Roll of 40 strips, PLUS a little extra yardage will be needed for borders, etc.
Jelly-Roll Rug Plus is the pattern that many have been waiting for!
Roma was inspired to create the rug & pattern while admiring antique rugs. Her inspiration and info in her own words below…
‘I wanted to come up with something that would be a fun sewing project for all.
After seeing the methods that were currently available, I decided that I wanted something totally different & Behold, the Jelly-Roll Rug came to pass!’
Jelly Roll Rug Crucial Supplies List
- 1x Jelly Roll. Here…
- 75cm of Accent Fabric for borders
- 35cm Fabric for border #1
- 35cm Fabric for border #2
- 1.25m 100% Cotton Wading at 96″ wide.
Note this wadding will be cut into 2.25″ strips during the rug making process.
- Size Jeans Sewing Machine Needles. Here…
- Spool of sewing thread at least 1000m. cS
- Best Press or Spray Starch Alternative. Here…
- You will need a sewing machine that will make at least a 5mm wide zig-zag. Roma, the pattern creator, used a
- 5.5mm wide stitch on the sample in the product image.