ECO 150 Biodegradable Wadding | Vilene (Vlieseline)
Light voluminous sew-in wadding with a soft handle and high migration resistance manufactured using 100% rapidly biodegradable cellulose fibre.
- Made from 100% Lyocell – Biodegradable in the ground after approximately 60 days.
- Bacteria and odour-inhibiting.
- Comfortable to wear thanks to excellent moisture management.
- Resistant to fibre migration through antistatic characteristics and special surface finish.
- Equipped to be water repellent
- For Patchwork & Quilting.
- Also suitable for garments eg sportswear, coats.
To double back on the key point above this wadding is 100% biodegradable and will become soil after just 60days! However, don't worry it will not simply biodegrade in the wash - for full info on the process check out the 'details' section below.
OEKO-Tex 100, Class I Certified.
Empress Special Prices Currently Available
RRP £18.50 | Empress Price £15.70 – You Save 15%
Further reductions for 3m+ orders.
ECO 150 Biodegradable Wadding | Vilene (Vlieseline) Info
- First 100% biodegradable wadding with high insulation performance while completely preventing any micro plastic contamination in the environment
- Soft handle due to characteristic of the fibre
- Thermal insulation performance comparable to polyester waddings
- Excellent wearing comfort in garment application – up to 45% of moisture absorption during physical activity
- Compostable after 30 days and completely biodegradable in natural conditions and soil within 57 days
- No impact on the environment after biodegrading
- Water repellent finish
- High resistance against fibre migration due to antistatic fibre properties and spray binder bonding technology
- Natural bacteriostatic properties
- Base material gained from renewable resources (Eucalyptus trees) and require far less water than any other fibre out of natural polymers. Water used in the manufacturing process is 100% recycled
- Chemicals used in the production process are almost completely recycled (99%) and are not present in the fibres
Will The Wadding Biodegrade In The Wash?.... No!
the wadding has been specifically created to only start the process of biodegrading once it has come into contact with enzymes found in soil. Also, don't worry - a mere dash of soil won't trigger the process!
|Brand||Vilene / Vlieseline|
The manufacturer advises the following care instructions however we always advise testing a small piece first to make sure you are 100% happy.
Washable at 40°
Iron Setting 1, Max Temp 100°c
Do Not Bleach
Do Not Tumble Dry