Jelly Roll Rug Pattern
Jelly Roll Rug Plus is a square with mitered corners version of the ever popular RJ Designs Jelly-Roll Rug pattern. Carry on the phenomenal Jelly-Roll Rug craze with this new unique square version. This version still uses the pre-cut 2-1/2in Jelly-Roll of 40 strips, PLUS a little extra yardage will be needed for borders, etc.
Jelly-Roll Rug Plus is the pattern that many have been waiting for!
Roma was inspired to create the rug & pattern while admiring antique rugs. Her inspiration and info in her own words below…
‘I wanted to come up with something that would be a fun sewing project for all.
After seeing the methods that were currently available, I decided that I wanted something totally different & Behold, the Jelly-Roll Rug came to pass!’
Jelly Roll Rug Crucial Supplies List
- 1x Jelly Roll. Here…
- 75cm of Accent Fabric for borders
- 35cm Fabric for border #1
- 35cm Fabric for border #2
- 1.25m 100% Cotton Wading at 96″ wide.
Note this wadding will be cut into 2.25″ strips during the rug making process.
- Size Jeans Sewing Machine Needles. Here…
- Spool of sewing thread at least 1000m. Here…
- Best Press or Spray Starch Alternative. Here…
- You will need a sewing machine that will make at least a 5mm wide zig-zag. Roma, the pattern creator, used a 5.5mm wide stitch on the sample in the product image.